The vasectomy procedure is considered permanent birth control ( male sterilization), and the decision to have it done should not be undertaken lightly. Although surgical techniques and technologies now exist in Minnesota that makes it possible to reverse a vasectomy, it will be more complicated and expensive. Moreover, insurance plans in Minneapolis & St Paul usually do not cover the cost of a vasectomy reversal. Other options such as vitro fertilization are even more expensive.
So before you decide if a no scalpel vasectomy is the right choice, you should talk to your partners. The conversation should cover several topics.
- Why do you want it?
- What are other birth control options?
- Do you think your family is complete?
- Do you want to have more children in the future?
- Are there any problems in your marriage or sexual difficulties? (understand that a vasectomy will not solve these problems)
- Any emotional or financial reasons? (wrong reasons)
The decision of a vasectomy based on the right reasons will avoid your regret and bring high satisfaction levels in emotional and sexual relationships with your partner.